Thread: [PGT] Hawks 5 Flames 1
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2023, 02:30 AM   #317
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Keep finding whatever stat line you need. First you say he’s awesome and produces statistically, but it’s his carry and control ability that’s the problem. Now it’s that he doesn’t produce enough. Doesn’t matter because, as I said, his defensive ability is exceptional. He’s improved his P/GP in the playoffs every year, and has produced better than some individual years of guys like Bergeron, Toews, Backstrom, etc. You want to use career averages? Then give him another 7 years. You’re still being lazy, so who cares what you think about hall of fame predictions? You can’t barely figure out today.

As for what you admitted:

That’s Stanley Cup winner Ryan O’Reilly, and if Lindholm is comparable or better than he is (which you “gave me”) then guess he’s good enough to win a cup as a #1.

Don’t know why you’re fighting it so hard. It’s a weak point to make in the first place, you don’t lose anything by admitting it was dumb.
I gave you O'Rielly as a comparable, then checked his production in the playoffs, no bueno. Everybody else it wasn't necessary to look up the data even though I did.

Like I said, Lindholm is a good player, he does somethings very well and in my opinion a great 2nd line centre on a championship contender. To rely on him as your go to, I don't think so. In a game where puck possession/zone entries are key, its kinda important that your #1 be able to excel at that, I don't think he does.

Somebody calling somebody else lazy can't even double check playoff averages lol. The worst statistically of that group is Krejci and even he is 20% more productive statistically in the playoffs.
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote