Thread: [PGT] Hawks 5 Flames 1
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 06:49 AM   #309
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Lots of different types of teams contend for the cup. You look at the last ten or so years of cup winners, and Lindholm compares well to (and even tops) a few of the #1 centres in the list.

But I find the “this player isn’t this position on a cup contender!” argument is usually lazy and sometimes pretty dumb anyway.
McKinnon, Point, Crosby, Backstrom, Toews, Kopitar, Bergeron, Datsyuk and Getzlaf, all #1 centres on cup winning teams dating back 15 years.

Please tell me who he compares too and "even tops" on this list in terms of skillset? I'd literally rather have every single one of those players over Lindholm as my #1 centre. All of those players have the capability to step on the ice and control the pace of the game and the skillset to gain the o zone with relative ease.

Like I said Lindholm is an awesome player, he's very useful and produces statistically, but he lacks the ability to carry and control the puck, which is a vital skill to have for your #1 centre in the playoffs. You are seeing it this year without Johnny, he looks less dangerous playing with 2 guys who can't do it either and this is our #1 line. His ideal spot is 2nd line C on a championship caliber team, behind a player that's the caliber of anybody I mentioned above.

Last edited by CGY12; 01-28-2023 at 06:53 AM.
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote