View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 11:46 AM   #1368
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I think you have to follow some agencies medical guidance otherwise you are just taking bits and pieces of studies and “doing your own research”. That said CDC recommends a Bivalent booster 2 months after primary series or previous booster.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...p-to-date.html

So CDC recommends it in your situation.

NACI may recommend it

Also NACI doesn’t distinguish between the effectiveness of BA1 boosters vs BA4/5 boosters.

So from the North American groups there could be benefit in advancing your booster
Thanks -- from the CDC page it actually suggests waiting 3 months after Covid symptoms or positive test:

Quote:
People who recently had COVID-19 may consider delaying the next COVID-19 vaccine dose (primary dose or updated booster) by 3 months from when symptoms started or, if they had no symptoms, when they first received a positive test. Reinfection is less likely in the weeks to months after infection. However, certain factors, such as personal risk of severe disease, local COVID-19 Community Level, and the most common COVID-19 variant currently causing illness, could be reasons to get a vaccine sooner rather than later.
We'll look into booking sooner based on numbers and availability of the BA4/5 booster (admittedly it's not something I've turned my mind to in awhile). Getting it in advance of Christmas gatherings is also a good consideration.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote