View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 03:37 PM   #1073
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

We ended up canceling our Xmas eve booster appointments for a variety of reasons. Rebooked for this past Sat (the 8th). After the kids' appointments were canceled a 4th time, I booked them in at an AHS clinic for Jan 18th, but would have had to drive out to Okotoks for it, which was not a big deal.

At our appointment on Saturday, the pharmacist & I were talking & I mentioned how often the kids' appointments had been canceled. Given that the MOH recommends Pfizer for their age range, that's how AHS booked them. The pharmacist told me they were getting a shipment of Pfizer in today & to call in to make sure they got it & then they could come in as walk-ins. Called after lunch, they had the shipment in, it was very quiet so get on down there.

Zipped them both down, they're both now boostered & I canceled the AHS clinic appointment so someone else can take it.

Had Pfizer for the 1st and 2nd vax, our booster was Moderna. Husband was fine but for whatever reason, it kicked my arse and in a hurry too. Within an hour I was dizzy as hell, mildly nauseated, very fatigued and chills/achiness. The dizziness was gone by the next day, but the rest held on until last night. Woke up this morning still feeling quite fatigued so I rolled over and slept until mid-morning, which appears to be what I needed, as I feel almost back to normal now.

Waiting to see how the kids turn out - daughter was dizzy within 10 minutes, which happened with her 1st dose. Son seems fine, I expect he'll have a sore arm though, as he got both his flu shot & booster.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post: