View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #1023
Cain
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I don't know, he comes off pretty terribly in the NY Times piece:

So equality of outcomes is evil, but enforced equality of outcomes for single men is desirable. OK...
Yup, I definitely didn't agree with what he said there, though I would love to read the full context.

He seems to speak a lot on issues that he might not have fully thought out, and thus comes out looking poorly a fair amount of the time. Someone posted a video of him talking with a philosopher about the existence of god and I had to turn it off as he danced around the question and got caught up in semantics for 15 minutes on the first question. Downside is that when you are in the media often you are inevitably going to say something stupid. I don't think that makes you human garbage.

I think he has some thoughtful takes on challenging the status quo you find today, and has his share of takes that I vehemently disagree with. Doesn't make him or me alt right/garbage or whatever other label I've seen in this thread.

But yes, that NYT piece is not a good look (though I don't think the author was looking to help with that either).
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cain For This Useful Post: