View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 02:18 PM   #38
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Wait - you have only been there less than a year? Where does this heightened sense of loyalty come from?
I like the work we do and specifically, how we do it. At least, I did when I started. There have been a couple of major strategic/culture shifts in the office over the summer.

EDIT: For me, a big part of my value as an employee is being given complete creative control over my work, and being allowed to take risks that often pay off. My instincts have always been good with this kind of work (and yes, I would love to start my own company one day). What comes with this type of skill-set is a type of personality that can be tough in an organizational setting for certain people.

I will give you an example. I am the project lead for a public affairs contract with a major pipeline construction project. We've recently taken on several people for some environmental projects - a couple of which have activist backgrounds. I received an email yesterday from our head of HR that I should be careful with any "pro-pipeline" talk around the office because it may offend our new hires. WTF. Our environmental work is basically about pursuing future leads, while the pipeline contract is like 10% of our annual revenue. So now, everytime I want to talk pipelines, I have to do it behind closed doors. How regressive is that?!

Last edited by peter12; 10-07-2019 at 02:25 PM.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote