View Single Post
Old 09-13-2021, 04:42 PM   #157
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Maybe, maybe not. The evidence out of Israel regarding 60+ year olds is pretty convincing and I think the letter that article is based on is kind of hand waving away all the evidence of waning immunity.

To me, at lot of the scientific pushback against boosters is based on the (correct) idea that 1st and 2nd doses elsewhere will save far more lives than 3rd doses will. And that's fine, but at least be honest about it. Don't try to argue that there's no evidence of waning immunity in the elderly or that boosters won't have a pretty significant benefit in terms of reducing severe breakthrough cases.
Wasn't that the study with data showing a positive effect one week after the third dose, which is probably too quickly for many people to build an effective immune response?

I have seen speculation that the effect was derived from changing behaviour among those who received a booster.

Anyway, even the study above (which is better outlined in the NYT) recommends third vaccines for the immuno-compromised.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote