View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 01:20 AM   #167
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
I'm interested in getting caught up on the narrative, but found myself skimming very quickly through the thread due to the political 'he said, she said. There always seems to be a negative backlash by the industry any time the topic of a royalty review rolls around, and it becomes more of a barometer for the will of the government than any kind of an actual review.

I was wondering, why does any action taken as a result of the review have to be static? Why not have a dynamic algorithm that reacts to the state of the industry, the price of oil and refinement? For example, when prices are low, as they are now, the royalties are subject to decline to support the industry, but when they chase $100, as they did recently, the royalties are altered in favour of the province to reflect the value of their commodity.

If it all came down to predicable math, would that settle the minds of the skittish oil companies? Wouldn't a declaration to that effect allow the government to not seem so easily pushed?

I apologize again, if these are the questions of a five year old, I just didn't have the patience to read all of the previous discussion.
Might suggest that you spend the effort to read the thread. Most of your questions have been answered 10 times over...
DoubleK is online now   Reply With Quote