View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #1796
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Yeah, the videos are little girls doing little girl things so there’s no reason to remove them. It’s just sick to see the comments with time stamps and crude remarks. And it’s scary how easily the algorithm leads you to these videos and suggests nothing else once you stumble upon them.
That's the way the algorithm is for everything, if I search for videos about hidden Easter eggs in superhero moves one or two clicks in then that's all I see. I don't see how they can get away from that when the whole idea is to show people more of what they're looking at.

So I think he's overreacting a bit about it, especially when it comes to the advertisers.. Though I guess maybe if advertisers were more aware this was a thing they'd be more inclined to pressure YouTube to do more?

Seems to me though that there should be some way for YouTube to be better identify these videos for automated and manual intervention. Maybe some kind of threshold for timestamp vs. total comments ratio combined with common words in titles and comments, autosuspend comments on the video until someone can look at it and clean it up.

Though with the # of videos posted every day maybe they already do something like that and the stuff the guy was finding is what makes it through the cracks and there's 100x MORE stuff that's getting caught.

Because I think the bad part is the comments as that's what actually could have an effect on the kid.
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: