View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #1137
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Food is average at best and beers were $6+ with no drink specials.

We went for lunch and I had to get 2 'entrees' and was still a below average amount of food.

I'd be more interested if even drinks were $5.95 and the food was bigger portions.
It's a restaurant group from Vancouver. In Vancouver $6/beer is normal, as are smaller portions. Even then, the Furniture group restaurants are largely frequented by students and people in their early 20s. The food gets revamped from time to time and ranges from barely edible to decent.

Calgary still has cheaper places that haven't been driven out of decent quality. I can't see "the furniture" model working there. Last time I was there, I went to the brewery district, which had much better options and $3-4 beers.

I used to live around the corner from one of their restaurants. I'd go there if I wanted a couple of beers and cheap wings. It was also a good place to have a few drinks before going somewhere else. The vibe can be fun, as they have rock music playing and other patrons tend to be pretty drunk and friendly.

I would never actually recommend one for quality of food though. Your assessment is pretty correct.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: