View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #2108
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
My recommendation would be some kind of home theater PC. That will give you the most freedom to stream whatever you want, from Netflix, to web browser based stuff to Kodi. I have a Raw Media linux box, which is great, but a bit pricey. I also have a small PC the size of a USB stick that was like $120 at Walmart. It runs Windows 10, which is a little slow and loves to update, but its better for some of the TV streaming like TSN go or Sportsnet Now than a linux box. You could also get an android box too if you want. I would take any of the above options over a Roku or Apple TV as those systems are locked and limited in what you can put on them (i.e. no Kodi).
If Netflix is a primary concern then a Windows or Linux based box are not recommended. The Netflix app for Windows 10 is designed for tablets and is not navigable with a remote, and there is no native app for Linux so you're left with using Netflix in a browser (no 5.1 or 4K support)

If you want something better than a Roku then I'd recommend the Nvidia Shield. Powerful enough to stream anything you want, comes with Android TV so you get the proper TV versions of all the apps, and you can use it as a gaming device as a bonus
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: