Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 09:30 PM   #136
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Galaxy's Edge looks awesome. Giving them some time to work out the kinks and let the lines die down will only make it more enjoyable.

I'm planning to head down in 2.5 more years, winter 21/22. I think that will be a good time frame.

In other news.. Apparently the actor who played Ackbar was pretty upset with his exit. Star Wars had a way of making us fall in love with these small bit characters. Ackbar was one of those for me. For whatever reason, the look, the voice, his role, he was always one of my favorites. It devastated me how he was just so nonchalantly killed off.

Quote:
Rose also revealed how he was unhappy with what happened afterwards, saying, "We finished all of our bits and they asked me to come down to camera. And I thought, ‘Oh well, maybe they’re going to say thank you for being one of the heritage characters and giving 30 years and all that.’ But what they did was, they gave me a Millennium Falcon sign that had the day and the date on it, the scene number, and they said, ‘Can you look at camera and say 'It's a wrap?' Because that would be really funny.’ … I was actually in tears in the suit because I thought - after everything, after hoping there’d be something, after knowing there wasn't going to be anything else, Ackbar's final moment before he went in to the box was a big joke about ‘It's a wrap.’ They just thought ‘Wouldn’t it be funny?’ And that was the sum total of my life as Ackbar."
https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-last-j...rose-reaction/