Thread: Star Wars
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 10:24 AM   #22
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Agree with all those points, Resistance I stopped watching, just not getting me hooked. I also don't like the animation style.

I think the biggest problem is just that episode VIII was such a let down. Now I know that seems like a captain obvious statement, but really it is a huge problem for the trilogy itself. Episode VII was good, it was entertaining, it mixed nostalgia with a host of new characters. I got invested into Rey and Finn, I really liked Poe. Top to bottom a solid Star Wars movie even if it was just them recreating the wheel in some ways.

So they set the stage, they won the fans back from the prequels, but now they had to deliver. There needed to be a hook, there needed to be something to keep us coming back. A Luke I am your father moment, a finger snap with an all powerful glove, something.

They had to bring something unique but traditional to the table in episode VIII, and they fell short. They fell so short of the mark it's like a fighter jet coming into land on an air carrier but initating the landing sequence two miles early. You could see from the get go it was going to miss the mark, everyone could see it, even the damn pilot whether he wants to admit it or not, but he just kept going until eventually he crashed and burned into the ocean. And the air carrier, the franchise, just keeps moving forward, it has more jets it can send out. But the family of the pilot, the fans, are left dumbfounded asking why?

So many un answered questions, and the franchise just keeps steaming forward. The whole thing was just handled so poorly. There is an immense amount of pressure on Episode IX and I hate to condemn it, but I just don't see how they pull it off. How they right the wrongs.

Luke deserved so much better than he got, Hamill himself agrees with that.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-27-2018 at 10:27 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post: