View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 03:25 PM   #42
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I think I saw the greatest unintentionally hilarious Trek episode ever.

DS9. Season 4?

Guy comes thru the worm hole, Bajoran, says he's a poet from 300 years ago and the prophets spoke to him and he's the new emissary. There's some other stuff going on but suffice to say him and Sisko end up not seeing eye to eye because of 300 year old poet emissary guy's crazy views.

So poet guy and Sisko go into the wormhole to let the prophets decide. While in the ethereal world the prophets say Sisko is right and 300 year old poet guy is wrong. They offer to send 300 year old poet guy back to his own time to finish living out his life like normal instead of going back to DS9 or Bajor. He accepts, Sisko remains emissary, everybody is happy, right?

Ok so imagine this. You're crazy vedic lady. Or just any religious fanatic Bajoran (so most of them). Sisko goes on a runabout trip with his emissary rival who wants to institute a bunch of crazy religious customs. Sisko and crazy vadic lady have already had some battles at this point. Borderline enemies. Sisko returns to the station sans the 300 year old poet religious fanatic. I can just imagine his conversation upon return, "oh yeah, so the prophets like totally sent him back 300 years to finish his life. I definitely didn't murder him and dump him out the back of the shuttle into the gamma quadrant".

And everybody just goes along with it!! WTF? How are people not suspicious? No one even asks him about it. Not that he'd be able to prove it either way. The episode does not address how insanely hilarious and sketchy this incident is.

In fact, I like to think Sisko did murder him and dump his body in the Gamma quadrant. It is way funnier that way.

The only kink in this theory is that Sisko would have had to go through a lot of real effort to make this happen since all of Laan's unfinished works are now suddenly completed at the end of the episode much to the shock of everyone else.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote