Thread: Veep
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 04:40 AM   #30
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Just finished the first season based on the recommendations here and the critical acclaim... And to be honest, I really disliked it.

There wasn't a single character on the show I liked. Tony Hale's character came closest in that I didn't actually dislike him, but everyone else was just a swirl of constant negativity, smarminess, arrogance, etc.

Is there a change of tone in the second season? If not, I'm going to tap out and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavvy View Post
I disagree.

i watched the first season because I felt I should as the show crosses so many of my favorite things......

However, I thought it was boring with some exceptions.

The 2nd season - I thought was way better. I really enjoyed it.
I would say you both have points. I did think the second season was better too. Better jokes and more of them. Better tie ins to reality or parody/satire bits. But it is more of the same of the first season. It doesn't really change it's tone or message. It's part of the reason the characters can be so hated. They're supposed to be! They are conniving, ass-kissing, politicians and staffers that only care about their own career advancement.

You might like it (MikeF) if you allow yourself to hate the characters and yet see some of the truth in the system and even in the human condition. On the other hand I can see why a person would get frustrated with it. There are times I feel almost tired after watching an episode. I couldn't imagine living a life like that. Being so busy kissing ass or trying to take someone down. Letting go of all your morals just to win the game or promotion. It's a fast paced show that has a lot of horrible things in it. But it's supposed to.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote