View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 07:19 PM   #3
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
I have a mortgage renewal issue with Scotiabank and MCAP that is becoming absolutely ridiculous.

Scotiabank has been incredibly unhelpful, to the point of utter frustration. I basically hate their guts now and will never give them another penny as long as I am alive. They brush me off when I request copies of documents, will not give me a name or number of anyone higher up who can help, basically want me to get lost. They got their $3,200 of penalties but there were screw ups all the way around and I have questions.

The broker is trying to be helpful but passed me off to the people who do the paperwork and titles, they passed me off to MCAP who told me I need to go back and speak with Scotiabank. This is a recurring theme and I've gone through the cycle a few times.

I have zero knowledge in the area. Which ombudsman should I get in touch with and how does that work?

Thanks!

I have a little bit of a banking and lending background so I can try and assist. What exactly are you trying to accomplish or need to do? I don't think was very clear in your post. Are you trying to get some of your $3200 in penalties back?

Thanks
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote