Thread: 2019 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 02:59 PM   #551
FLAMESRULE
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ugh. What a boring ass race. The start looked interesting and the first few laps seemed like a couple good battles we're shaking out. Then the middle 30 laps were painful, followed by a decent last 5 laps. I'll have to watch it again when I get home...and cool down. But couple things I noticed, and maybe Cecil can chime in from Montreal.

1) Mercs turn in and exit very different than other cars. They seem to have almost a controlled snap over steer. It's like the brake, turn, car rotates very quickly to be straight on exit and they drop the hammer. Every other car seems to "round" off the corner and that delay let's Mercs turn so much faster.

2) The F1 cars are relatively quiet. F2 was louder.

3) McLaren looked really good and Renault was punchy. Didn't see what caused the penalties to Ricciardo. They actually announced "no further investigation" at the track.

4) Paul Ricard is a big ass circuit in the middle of nowhere. The French are thieves and would steal anything not nailed down. Saw maybe 30 - 50L oil tanks go, big flags of Giovanazzi, and even a 100m marker. Was sooooo weird.

Last edited by FLAMESRULE; 06-23-2019 at 03:01 PM.
FLAMESRULE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FLAMESRULE For This Useful Post: