View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 08:32 AM   #95
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I thought that there were rules preventing the same owners from having more than one club in the competition? I guess the fact that everyone knows they're the same owner and what's on paper make it work here though?

It's pretty crazy that they basically allow all this circumvention. Not a lot different than City; we all know that they are getting advertising dollars from a company that is owned and controlled by the same company and it makes things work for FFP or whatever. But I guess it works on paper, so it's legit.
I'm not entirely familiar with the Red Bull scenario but I thought I read that one of them is owned by a subsidiary (controlled of course) and that the 'Red Bull' name is 'just sponsorship.'

Its an obvious work-around of course, but thats my understanding. Devo would probably know better.

At the same time though its not like UEFA has been really strict about enforcing their FFP rules.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote