View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 06:10 PM   #1448
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Recent shows I watched:

The Vow: It's been discussed on here a lot - a look into Keith Raniere and the NXVIUM cult that got him thrown in jail and ensnared lots of rich and famous people. The same cult that Allison Mack tried to get Emma Watson into. Lots of scary stuff and very strong on explaining why these seemingly successful people got roped in. I know Raniere still has some fanatics believing in him too, dancing outside his prison and such.

Locke and Key: Father gets killed, his family moves back to his ancestral home and discover a bunch of magical keys that a demon is after. Some good acting and a decent plot, but this is a series I thought would have benefited from more episodes, as I felt the characters weren't fleshed out enough to be on board with decisions they made very early.

Alex Rider: Based on the spy novels, a high schooler becomes a spy to find out why his uncle was killed. There was an earlier forgettable movie too, iirc. Plot stretches credulity a bit (of course) and the climax, once they told you what was going on, was fairly cliched and predictable, although at one point they had many people guessing wrong I assume. Not terrible by any stretch, and pretty much no romance subplot forced, which is a nice change of pace.
Ped is online now   Reply With Quote