Thread: Cjsw 90.9 fm
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 06:19 PM   #125
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's a tough call. He's been there so long, and has given so much to the station over the years. I used to laugh off his conspiracy theory stuff, it was good to get updates on the idea that there are still people who believe the moon landing is fake. But the coronavirus stuff this year was to much. He was seriously floating the 5G thing for awhile. Grant used to challenge him more, which kept it grounded. But this year Kevin didn't really even leave him room to do that, so Grant just kinda gave up and let him rant.

All that said, I don't really agree with the censorship angle CJSW was pursuing. Universities are supposed to allow for a lot of leeway on free thought and expression. A University radio station seems as suitable a place as any for that. But something did have to be done. I'd prefer to see Kevin back on, challenged by Grant, or someone else if need be. But he also needs to reflect on his topics if they have the potential to do damage. Saying man has never been in space or discussing flat earth is one thing, it's mostly harmless. Saying COVID isn't what we are being told is another thing entirely, and can lead to public harm. So that stuff is all on him, and he needs to have a deep bit of introspection about that and his beliefs.

I've been listening every Friday I can since the mid-90's, so it'd feel pretty empty with both of them gone. Though maybe Grant will continue with Jeff Last, they make a good pair, and they both have great taste in music.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: