View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 11:47 PM   #29
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
You could look for a used guitar on Kijiji or other used places but you don't know what it has gone though. Fender Squier is a good beginner guitar, it is what I have. They are a great bang for your buck and if you are a righty you are looking at the $200 range. As for where to get you can't go wrong with Long and McQuade, they are fantastic helping you out with any questions and have been around for years.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/
I second this. Squier and Epiphone are both really solid for entry level guitars, they are the budget Fender or Gibson lines and will have all the classic guitar models available at an entry level price.

I will add...get what you think looks cool. Maybe try something that looks like what your favourite guitarists play. Have a look in the store, try a bunch and get the one that pulls at your heart strings (within your budget). You'll know it when you see it. If you love it you'll want to constantly pick it up and play. Get a stand and keep it easily accessible to you every day, don't keep it stored away in a case. Be warned, if you stick with guitar playing you will have a life long addiction to wanting newer and more expensive guitars.

I bought my first Fender Stratocaster a few weeks ago. Can't put it down.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igottago For This Useful Post: