View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 02:37 PM   #51
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Yeah not sure what you edited, but the last part with the naked pictures is what people take as insinuation that Joker (or someone who works for him) sexually assaulted her.

Either way, I think the biggest point is that the cover had nothing to do with the written story attached. There's not a censorship problem because the even the artist requested it be removed as the cover. A full-size poster of it would be great though. Especially if you had other Killing Joke artwork.
I had forgotten about the pics, so mentioned that there weren't any sexual overtones to what was done. When I remembered the pics, I had to change my summary.

Also now tempted to go back and re-read that. It's been a great many years.

The cover not only has nothing to do with the story inside of the comic, but is pretty much the direct opposite of what the current creative team is trying to do, which is a "lighter, fluffier" side to Batgirl, so it's really at odds with what's inside.

Makes me wonder though, if the cover had run during the "Death in the Family" arc, what the reaction would have been.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote