View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 12:52 PM   #91
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I don't remember Tuco being that stupid in the original Breaking Bad. They basically portrayed him as barely functional and so succeptable to suggestion that it was jarring. I get that they need to play up the smooth talking ways of Saul, but i found that excessive.

Other than that it was a really good episode.
Strange. I thought the way he was handling himself before the desert negotiation scene seemed out of his character. Tuco is a hot-head intimidator, and that's how he maintains control over everyone.

This episode was even better than the first one. Great story and that trademark cinematography that just gives the whole show such a distinct and appealing atmosphere. The writing so far seems spot on, and everything about the Saul character and his situation seems so naturally integrated, even knowing the future backstory and the limits placed on what they can and can't do.

As I said before, I am very surprised at the tone and direction they are taking already. I figured it would culminate in the 'criminal' lawyer aspect eventually, but the way they have done it early and seamlessly is incredibly impressive and unanticipated.

This is shaping up to be a wonderful show. I hope it can maintain past Gilligan's involvement. I think that's likely as Gould is essentially the de facto show runner already, with Gilligan in for support.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote