View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 11:24 AM   #1452
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
One of the things I've seen floated around as a rumor is that during Switch development a big piece of feedback they got from their development partners was that they didn't like investing in developing for Nintendo consoles when they had to battle with years worth of back catalogs at a cheap price, especially for the indie developers.

With Nintendo's focus on indie titles and their new "Nindies" branding since the launch of Switch I would not at all be surprised if that rumor was true, Nintendo listened to the feedback, and led to the improved partnership with Indie developers. At least for now - once Switch sales and the general positive view around the device slows down though then I think they play the big Virtual Console card.
Nindies has been around since the Wii U and 3DS. The Switch eShop also doesn't highlight games as well as the old eShop stores for the Wii U and 3DS did. Frankly, I find it difficult to find things now.

I don't doubt that indie developers might have trouble going against the back catalogues, but that would be the case for PSN and XBL as well. They're all releasing tons of old games at low prices.
Mazrim is online now   Reply With Quote