View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 11:08 AM   #1451
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Balloon fight is what they used in that specific tweet but I didn't think the first 10 NES games they shared were that bad.

Soccer
Tennis
Donkey Kong™
Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros.™
Balloon Fight™
Ice Climber™
Dr. Mario™
The Legend of Zelda™
Super Mario Bros.™ 3

Some decent games there...and I'm sure they will save a couple of bigger titles for a surprise when it actually launches too.

For Virtual Console in general the rumor is the biggest problem with them just launching Virtual Console fully with all NES, SNES, N64, & Gamecube games right away is that 3rd parties and indie developers were reportedly not huge fans of it.

One of the things I've seen floated around as a rumor is that during Switch development a big piece of feedback they got from their development partners was that they didn't like investing in developing for Nintendo consoles when they had to battle with years worth of back catalogs at a cheap price, especially for the indie developers.

With Nintendo's focus on indie titles and their new "Nindies" branding since the launch of Switch I would not at all be surprised if that rumor was true, Nintendo listened to the feedback, and led to the improved partnership with Indie developers. At least for now - once Switch sales and the general positive view around the device slows down though then I think they play the big Virtual Console card.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 08-31-2018 at 11:18 AM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote