View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 11:16 AM   #26
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting comments about what's going on around the permanent injection site at Chumir. Some posters apparently don't notice anything.

Google Search image results in a best guess of . . . "Calgary".

The downside of living near a safe injection site

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com...njection_site/

- This looks like my place!

Seriously though, this is the reality. Every morning landlords take tongs and look for needles. It really sucks and am looking to move out of this area.

- Thank you for posting this. I used to live near the Chumir, and after they opened the safe injection clinic, things went downhill fast. Used to routinely find needles around my place. It's actually the main reason I moved.

- I work in the Chumir and i know to keep my head down when leaving the building and walking through the main floor.

Have to keep in mind that the Chumir only takes care of Chumir property. After the peeps are done what they need to do, once they exit the building, it's not the Chumir's responsibility any more. That poor Church right across from the injection site has it bad. Along with the other buildings all around because they go and who knows what they do in those area.

And totally sad about memorial park. So beautiful but never ever touch that water in the fountain and don't every trek through the grass. It's so abused and the things i see happening im like... O_o ... whyyyyyyyy

- i live on 15th ave near there and there are needles in my parking spot every day. i'm torn on this issue cause i live down here and i understand that preventing overdoses is important, but i've had 2 friends be mugged in the past 6 months in this neighborhood, I just don't feel really safe. People are going to do drugs either way, and the prevention of needless deaths is important, but we need more police presence down here to deal with the side effects.

- I live 2 blocks from it. I walk past it every day. I use the library and walk through memorial park playing ingress weekly. I walk to Vic park lrt often.

I don't recall ever seeing a needle on the ground.
chemgear is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post: