Thread: 2019 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:03 AM   #18
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I cheer for teams and drivers. It is a very different atmosphere than other team or individual sports because of this. For example, I don't really like Max because he's such a dick and his dad is just the worst, but I enjoy cheering for Red Bull (the team he drives for). Other than the Mercs and Hamilton I don't dislike anyone on the grid. I even like Bottas (the #2 Merc driver).

You should dislike Mercedes because they win all the time and treat their #2 driver like crap. Plus Hamilton is a giant baby.

You should like almost all of the midfield teams (Toro Rosso, Racing Point, Alfa Romeo etc). Basically anyone but Ferrari, Merc and Red Bull. The big teams are bullies.

If you don't like pay drivers, you won't like F1, so I'm not sure why anyone would suggest you don't like Stroll. Half the grid wouldn't be there if their ride wasn't bought and paid for with family or sponsor money. Plus Stroll's dad saved hundreds if not thousands of jobs by saving that team from administration and he got out of the horrible situation at Williams.

This is the final year of the TSN contract. Their coverage is excellent in some ways and awful in others. They are also the only legal way to watch. You get all the pre-race and post-race coverage but they show commercials during the races, which is super lame. Even the US gets commercial free broadcasts. But TSN does show Practice 2, pre and post qualifying coverage so it isn't like they totally suck.

But F1TV (the only legal way to stream races) really, really sucks right now so I'm not sure if the TSN contract ending is even a good thing. If SN picks it up you just know they'll screw us. We don't get F1TV in Canada though because TSN's contract is exclusive. So next season and beyond is totally up in the air.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 03-11-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: