View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #4569
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Bottom line is. There's a line that has to be drawn in the sand to whats an acceptable limit to anything. Eventually Sigalet will be replaced because few goalies come out breathing afterwards.

It doesn't take rocket science and hard data proof to figure out that if the goaltending continues to struggle, changes will be made. I just don't understand why your hackles are up when myself and others see the writing on the wall and would prefer it to happen sooner rather than later.
I think that's still not getting his point. It's the assumptions about Sigalet, backed up by little if any facts, and the conversion of those into rigid conclusions about him and his methods, and about Treliving and his staffing decisions, that are getting at Textcritic.

The goaltending situation could be: Smith, Hiller and Elliott fell off a cliff. It happens. Or Treliving misjudged each of them. Or Sigalet isn't good. Or some combination. I agree with TC that none of us know what is happening and what Treliving's decision points are here.

That said, if he's let go tomorrow simply because a change is needed, without denigrating his work, great. If he's fired because Treliving decides he's not good with Smith, OK. Good coaches can get fired. Bad coaches should be. A change is needed, either in goal or in the approach.
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post: