View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 12:24 PM   #4
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Do you notice any benefits from your fasts? Skinny jeans aside are you feeling better? Stronger?
Since taking on intermittent fasting (IF), I have more energy in my morning workouts and cardio, less water retained, strength is about the same (which is an upward trajectory since I regularly weight train), and I feel like I'm more focused at work. I'm more easily able to keep my body fat down while gaining lean mass, as IF essentially puts you into ketosis for a short period of time -- but without the requirement of cutting your carbs.

The obvious benefit is that I get to enjoy larger and more sating meals, as I can fit more calories into each meal without blowing my macronutrients out of the water. You don't have to track macros to take advantage of IF; if you keep your meals the same as you did before you started IF but just cut from three to two, you're automatically cutting calories. But it isn't magic, if you just increase your two remaining meals to entirely make up for cutting breakfast, you're not likely to see an improvement weight wise. Calories matter.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post: