View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 03:00 PM   #5620
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
If we were losing Backlund (not trying to push him out the door)

Backlund to team on the cusp or a bonafide contender for 1st rounder and mid Prospect? Maybe more?
I wish it weren't coming to this, but I think this is the outcome we're staring in the face. If we could get that return, you make the deal.

Quote:
Wotherspoon, Gillies, Shinkaruk for Filppula, Weal and a 3rd or maybe even a 2nd?
Can't see the Flames trading away Gillies. Smith is getting long in the tooth and likely not here past this contract. Gillies and Rittich is likely the tandem down the line, with the hopes Parsons can step up and show he can play. You don't trade away a goaltender until you are certain you have something in the pipe that can step in and replace that asset, not leaving a hole. As much hype as Parsons has received, he needs to show he can be a dominant stopper. A 3.08 GAA (32nd amongst goaltenders in the ECHL) and a .907 S% (26th) are not the numbers that get you dealing a guy hovering just outside the top 10 in the same categories at a level above.

I would say if you're going after Fippula, you just make a deal for him and be done with it, and only if it is inexpensive.