View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #10
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

This whole thread is just Table 5 actually saying "Buying a house in the Bigtime zone - would you?"

Seriously though, speaking to Sunnyside in particular I would try and find a home that has all the living space you ever envision needing above grade. Take the flooding element right out of the equation (or seriously minimize it).

We are now discussing the possibility of buying another home on our street and tearing it down and build new, and we would build 3 floors above grade and have no basement. The ground level floor can be finished with flood resistant materials and the only two entry points for water would be the front and back door, that we could guard against.

On my block there are currently two homes for sale (only one on MLS so far):

http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetail...Key=-866403208

The other home is just across the street from this one, and is about 1800sf and has a secondary suite in the basement (fully rebuilt post flood), they are looking for $875,000 for it. I am very curious to see how these two properties do, in addition we have Stonebriar Crafted Homes building an infill too. I'm guessing that one when done will list for around $1.2M.

Last edited by Bigtime; 09-30-2013 at 07:12 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post: