Franchise Player

Exp:

2022 WAR 2023 WAR
Vladdy 4.0 2.0
Springer 4.1 2.1
Varsho 4.8 3.9
Kirk 2.2 0.6

Those 4 players had a combined drop of 6.5 Wins

Now 3rd Base we have a real question mark. IKF was a 0 WAR last year and Chapman was 4.4 . I am not thrilled at all at the 3rd base situation going into this season.

2B / Utility we basically had a black hole. Merrifield was 0.7, Biggio 0.8, and Espinal 0.5

So if we get a bounce-back to 2022 hitting and someone to take a hold of the 2B job and produce a 2.0 WAR we are looking at ~8.0 WAR bounce back from last year (Maybe even more as Bichette got hurt and cost the team 1-2WAR during that time, and a 4.0 WAR for Vladdy is still pretty MEH)

Now I expect pitching to take a step back. Having 4 starters healthy all year is unheard of.

This is why adding an extra power bat really doesn't 'matter' in the grand scheme of things. The team will live and die whether Vlad, Springer, Kirk, and Varsho bounce back, and Bo continues to improve.

If they dont the team is dead in the water either way, and i would fully expect a rebuild starting in the offseason as that is your core , and they would have failed.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post: