View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 01:03 AM   #1332
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Budget wise Im pretty open. Its not something i want to spend a ton on, rather do that with a home theater system. $300 or under? Have plenty of space, no worries there. Aesthetically i dont really care as long as they sound decent. This isnt something I really need to go to town on. Like I said, rather spend money on a good 5.1 down the road when we are in a house.
Not for everyone, but what about doing something along the lines of a combination of sound bar and headphones/headsets?

There's some headphones at decent prices with 5.1 or 7.1 even if they're not true 5.1 or 7.1. I got a Tritton headset and mixer combo for a great price a few years ago for my PS4 and I find it's fantastic to use at the dead of night for other things like watching movies at a good volume without bothering anyone else in the house. My buddy was enjoying his Sennheiser wireless headphones for watching sports or other tv content without disturbing others.

Now I don't know if you're dead set on the soundbar or external speakers, but for sure the headphones would blow the TV built in speaker sound out of the water.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: