View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:
Default Best video game soundtracks

I don't know if CaptainCrunch already made a thread for this, so sorry if it's a retread. I went on a bit of a Youtube binge today of some classic game soundtracks, figured I'd see what everyone's favorites are

Rock n' Roll Racing was my first exposure as a kid to Black Sabbath or Deep Purple, and these songs are forever embedded in my brain for how many hours I spent playing this

One of the greatest tunes of the 16-bit era

PS1 redefined what a console game soundtrack could be, and some were absolutely amazing. I remember leaving Twisted Metal sitting on the menu screen just so I could hear the kickass theme

Red Alert Hell March, nuff said

Aside from Red Alert, Starcraft has one of the best RTS soundtracks of all-time, with the Terran theme being my favorite

Crossing into Mexico for the first time in RDR is one of those game experiences that sticks with you for how good the song is

And finally my vote for greatest video game soundtrack of all time, DOOM. Never before have I played a game where the music and gameplay meshed so well, I actively anticipated the moments when you were swarmed with demons simply because of the kickass soundtrack that followed

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: