View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #28
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Goal scoring UFA wingers:

JVR - 28 years old and 36 goals. Reported he has Calgary on his NTC. Doesn't mean he 100% wouldn't sign here. He has size and scores mostly dirty goals around the net, but he's almost 30 and will likely command close to $7 million. he's also a left shot but that's going to be a theme.

Kane - 29 goals and only 26 years old. Will also command close to around $7 million, but he has size, toughness, skating and goal scoring. Has had attitude issues in the past, and can disappear for long stretches, but on paper he'd easily be the best fit for a UFA signing, especially given his age. Also a left hand shot.

Neal - 25 goals,but the guy is already 30. He has bite to his game and would fit in a lot of ways, but the age is scary. This could easily go the way of Troy Brouwer if the contract is for too much or for too long. Also a left hand shot but has played mostly RW in his career.

Grabner - 27 goals and also 30, and this just reeks of Mason Raymond to me. I'd stay away unless it's a one year show me deal for cheap and all other options fizzled out. Also a lefty.

Vanek - 34 years old and 24 goals. Personally not interested but he is the first on the list to be right handed.

Nash - 33 years old and potted 21 goals. Big and fast, but obviously past his prime. Rumored to have no interest in playing in Canada and someone will still probably overpay the guy. Lefty as well.

Kovalchuk - Right hand shot, but as is typical of Russians, plays his off wing mostly. Still good KHL numbers, but the dude is 35 years old now. Elite goal scorer though, so maybe you take a stab but I doubt he goes anywhere west, or anywhere near Canada either.

Perron is right shot, 29 years old but despite not cracking 20 goals (he had 16) still put up 66 points. This however was by far his best numbers of his career and likely an outlier which will make anyone who signs him probably regret it. Overpay is written all over him.

Maroon is big and can score some goals (also had 16), and on the right deal might not be the worst option for depth scoring. He is strictly a complimentary player with size though, and should be paid as such. another lefty.

A couple under the radar veteran depth options would be Derek Ryan (right shot, can play C, 31 years old, Carolina/Peters connection) who had 15 goals. Also Riley Nash (right shot, can play C, 28 years old) who also had 15 goals.

Either of these guys would be much better options in our bottom 6 than Brouwer, Lazar Hathaway or even Shore IMO.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post: