Thread: Raspberry Pi
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 10:08 PM   #73
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

I received delivery of my Pi 3 board and accessories about two days ago, its been a (fun, sometimes) challenge getting things working. I bought a Canakit 3 and a eleduino 7" screen, and some retro controllers and a cool case for the pi. Some of the controllers are difficult to set up, bluetooth is dodgy so far, wifi works well.

I was choosing between buying these various components and a nintendo switch. Having played with the switch, I thought I'd get more enjoyment out of the Pi. The new mario kart and zelda aren't enough for me to justify the switch at the moment. And I love tinkering with things, and I love old games from the nes, snes, n64, dreamcast, mame (especially) etc.

Its a lot of work to figure things out, so lots of tinkering. I'm still having problems getting a bluetooth speaker to work with retropi, and in general am having a lot of problems figuring out how to get controllers to work cleanly. Overall, its not anywhere near to a plug and play experience but I'm getting through it.

This is very much a hobby project, it is not for everyone. Next step is to get Kodi running.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote