View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 11:16 AM   #57
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just wanted to pop in the keep the discussion going. I took the weekend off and didn't look at a single email after Friday at about 2. I think its important that we think about our mental states as we go through this process.

I did log in this morning, not much activity over the weekend. I did get rejected on one role. That mean's I've been outright rejected by 4, and have 1 that I'm waiting on for a short list to interview, I don't know if I'm super optimistic on it, but hopefully it happens.

I did apply for 5 new roles today. do that brings me to nearly 40 applications in the last week. I know I have to be patient, I also know that things are going to by hyper competitive. Things that I learned today

1) Looking at Indeed and linked in you can see how many people are applying for each role. There are some roles where 50,000 people have looked at roles. Its crazy out there.

2) Don't be afraid to stretch, I'm not talking about lying to yourself about qualifications at all. But understanding their requirements and matching to your experience, and if you're lacking in one area it doesn't hurt to send in your resume, to at least get it in their database for future roles.
3) If you look at a role and go meh, it doesn't hurt to apply, if you have more interest you have more opportunity. I've said that its better to have a few people interested in you because the power switches to you in terms of negotiations and first right of refusal.

Other things I've done.

1) I originally wanted to get back into IT and technical solutions Business development or management, I wasn't sure if I wanted to get back into recruiting and HR. But I've decided that I should at least explore the full gamut of my experience, though I have a lot of experience on the IT Solutions technical side, I do have almost 5 years of recruiting experience, so its ok to at least submit and see what's out there.
2) I put in a couple of hours today or a bit more, I've decided that is going to be the amount of time of concentrated searching, I've found some other things to do with my time.

I know its going to take time for all of these organizations to decide on their position and hiring needs because of the virus so I have to give them and me a break on it. At least I'm getting my negotiated severance and ROE this week so I can move to the next steps on EI.

That's it that's all.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote