View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 10:43 AM   #45
wookster
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cant stress enough that if you are in the IT field to register with the head hunter companies. They have access to so many more opportunities that you will just looking on job sites. Contact them, interview well with them and they will do the job hunting work for you. I realize that they take a cut but its better than no paycheck or EI. When the market picks up or you find an opportunity on your own, you can always switch later.

Also, my wife is a manager for recruitment for a large company here in town and has been a recruiter for companies going on 15 years now, she has some advice regarding resumes. Always provide a cover letter unless asked not to, in the cover letter as well as the resume, cover as many of the requirements of the job description that you can using the exact wordage of the job posting. Reasoning behind that is that if the company is more than a handful of people in size they likely use software to shortlist their candidates. Its done automatically scanning for those key words and if you don't have them in your resume/cover letter it will get rejected and not even make it to a set of human eyes, unless you have a referral of course, these are always best. This is why blanket resume's don't work well and each one should be tailored to the job your applying for.

Anyways, just my two cents, good luck to everyone up there, keep your spirits up and stay safe.
wookster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wookster For This Useful Post: