View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #13
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbsy View Post
what demographic are they trying to hit with all this peripheral nonsense?

I guess i'm already in the "given customer" bucket (30 year old male, who grew up on NES/SNES that continues to game a bit).

However, i'm certain none of my ilk really care about facebook, twitter, etc, integraion. I suppose introducing all this is more for the current teenager demographic, but didn't realize they were the key users of social media either.

in any case, i only really care about 2 or 3 elements when considering the next gen:
1) $$$ - I was a PS2 guy, but the cheaper 360 option made the jump easier to do , and one i have been satisfied with.

2) Game quality/enhancements - sounds like the actual quality will be the same ( don't play any games that are limited to a single console, and don't see much difference of a game between consoles like NHL).

3) this Always online garbage.
I am pretty much in the same boat. I've owned a console in every generation since the SNES. To me, it all comes down to price and the games. If they don't show me some exciting exclusives and/or the cost is too great, I'll take the money that I'd use to buy a new console and throw it into my PC. I am already sitting on such a huge backlog of PC games that I am seriously questioning whether I should be buying any more.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote