View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 07:13 AM   #90
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

https://www.nicholsonhockey.com/arch...happy-all-year

Quote:
“I don’t think there is a future. I think the future is he’ll play somewhere else next year,” predicted Friedman. “I think what happened was… one thing I reported in the past is last summer Jarmo Kekalainen, the GM, asked to meet with both Panarin and Bobrovsky in Spain. Everybody lives overseas, and I think they were supposed to meet in Spain. Panarin showed up and Bobrovsky didn’t.

“Bobrovsky apparently has never gotten over some things that were said after the playoff loss last year, and he didn’t show up for the meeting. So everything started off on a bad foot this year. And it has continued.
Quote:
“He’s also got a no-trade clause. He protects everything. I believe there was a point this year where he gave them a small list of teams he would consider going to, but either that still isn’t there or it went away; but now I think there’s even questioning would agree to go anywhere. And it’s a tough trade to make right now anyway.
Quote:
And there was no guarantee you could even trade Bobrovsky. I’ve heard - I can’t say 100 percent if it’s true, but I believe it - I’ve heard that there were teams that asked last summer about Bobrovsky, and he basically said, ‘I’m not going anywhere.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post: