View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 09:28 AM   #21
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
Really? You're dissecting the science?

I'm glad I didn't see any of the trailers or reviews. I just went in expecting a light hearted space show and that is exactly what I got. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
I'm in somewhat the same boat.

I always felt that Star Trek took itself way too seriously and never really had a lot of fun.

I mean, Starfleet is huge, they cant all be 'Captain Picard,' theres bound to be some screwups and losers, and with Rodenberry's adamant stance that it be some Utopia and that characters couldnt have issues between each other you could see how it got stale.

So I like the concept, I thought it was going to be an entire crew of screwups and losers who know that the Orville is the 'Last Chance Saloon' before they're crewing garbage scows on the Outer Rim.

But I do like the fact that most of the crew are quirky but competent.

Anyways, I'm really not a fan of MacFarlane's humour but I thought this episode was pretty good and I'm looking forward to more.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote