View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 09:01 PM   #62
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canehdianman View Post
amusing numbers. I pay over $1500 a month for my 2.5 year old daughter to go to daycare 5 days a week.

that average must include kids that are only in for 1-2 days a week.

As an aside, I'm sure the fact that I have a good job will exempt me from any savings. and there will be a "daycare premium" added onto my fees. Thanks Notley.
I did quite a bit of shopping around before I put my kids in daycare. I think you could go from about $650/month dayhome to $1900 for full time pre school.

Prices actually follow property values allot, so you go to one of the bigger chains, they might charge $1500+ for a spot in their downtown location and ~$1000 for the same package in Cochran.

About $800 / month as a average doesn't surprise me that much, there are probably allot of people find creative ways to reduce their cost, because realistically putting two children under 5 in full time daycare could easily cost most families over half of their income after taxes.

I no people who do 2-3 days a week and work different schedules to get around it. I know people who have staggered shifts and only pay for 4-6 hours a day. people who lean on retired grand parents allot to reduce the hours they are paying for.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote