View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 02:27 PM   #347
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Every new fighter jet goes through a lot of problems in its development. The f-16, the F-15, the F-18 all had significant issues. Even non fighter's had major issues, look at the Osphrey development which can be comparable to the F-35 just due to its complexity.

The F-35 has had a really difficult development cycle, but that's to be expected, this is realistically the most complex fighter ever built. From its sensors to avionics, computers, to its weapons package, engines, and Generation 5 aspects it was bound to be really difficult.

I still think for a nation such as Canada, with the concept of a small Air Force where we don't want to be buying new platforms as often, the F-35 offers a ability beyond the other competitors in terms of air and ground dominance, suitability and future up grade paths.

I also think in terms of the expected economic benefits, its reducing price tag for the A model, it will eventually end up being the best long term options and show a ability to stay ahead of the technology curve longer.

The Griphen is a good fighter, or it should be as it hits deployment, but I don't know if its going to be a viable 40 year fighter which is what Canada seems to want.

Just my two cents.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: