View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 11:22 PM   #18
Eric Vail
First Line Centre

Exp:

I bought a dishwasher today. I started at the Brick. The Brick was awful. The salesperson knew less than I did about dishwashers (I researched them for an hour online before going), and they were randomly organized so it was very difficult to find anything. Nothing was in stock. The fastest ones arrived at the end of August, others not until Sept. 5 or so.

So then I went to Trail. The sales guy knew the machines well and they were all organized by brand so it was easy to find the different ones. At the beginning he was showing me a Miele which I believe cost $1600. He said most dishwashers last from 4-12 years. Miele typically lasts from 10-25 years. They came with a 10 year parts and labour warrantee. We liked a lot of what we heard, but they were smaller than a typical dishwasher and with a family we thought that would be a problem.

After Miele, he said rather than show us a bunch of dishwashers he didn't have, he would go and find what they had in the colour we wanted, but not any of the crappy brands. I asked what the crappy brands were and he said Samsung, LG, low end whirlpool, frigidaire, maytag. We mentioned that we heard that Bosch was good, and he said not the entry model, those are terrible. Their other models are great.

We came home with a Whirlpool that was normally $799 but he gave it to us for something like $720. We picked it up and I came home and installed it (my first dishwasher install). It was less than 24 hours to go from a broken dishwasher to a new and installed one. We are pretty happy. Hopefully, we are happy with it after we use it. I suspect we will be.

I loved that at Trail he was very knowledgeable and honest with us. The other great thing was that they had stock. I didn't want to be washing dishes for a month. Looking at online inventories, there isn't much available right now. Best Buy and Home Depot had nothing in stock. Lowe's just had the low end Bosch which is apparently terrible.
Eric Vail is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eric Vail For This Useful Post: