View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 01:07 PM   #43
Kovaz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
I openly and strongly didn't like hiring of Peters. Specifically, because Treliving publicly acknowledged not even considering anyone else, especially, Darryl, who also publicly, acknowledged being interested in coming back to Calgary. Regardless, this is all history now and Peters is in charge.

With that in mind, it is just too early to make a reasonable judgement of his coaching style. When Smith lets in two goals on the first four shots, no coach can save you. What we know: Peters likes speed a lot, he likes dump a chase a lot, he likes puck possession a lot (passes, passes, passes...). Let's see if this strategy works with this team. We are going to see a much more entertaining hockey than Gulutzan's, that's for sure. But from what I have seen so far, this speedy hockey produces bad defensive holes. I mean how many two-on-ones can we afford in one game?

If we see all this, Peters sees it too. Let's give him a chance to fix the holes and adjust the game.
The way I see it, this is a product of not having the system down yet. Peters like to have the D pinch up aggressively to take away space, but you need to have forwards backchecking to cover that. It's really effective if the forwards are there, but it leaves holes if the forwards don't read the play right.
Kovaz is offline   Reply With Quote