View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #81
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffalufagus View Post
Did I just read that by the end of their careers you think Tkachuk and McDavid will be looked at as equals? Good lord.
No, you didn't read that. I picked my words very carefully to avoid being confused with saying they will be looked at as equals. You read that I think at the end of their careers, they could be closely associated with or suggestive of each others careers. I also pointed out that Oilers fans shouldn't take his career and talents for granted, and that a team around McDavid will be important to winning.

Do you think that McDavid will be a better leader? The two play the game very differently. I think there will be an obvious answer when the debate comes to a 1v1, but speed and skill aren't the end of these debates. There are plenty in the league that are more talented that the captains on great teams - and there are captains you'd take over Ovechkin as well I'm sure.

I do think that Tkachuk will be a very important part of this team for a very long time - at least he's projecting to be. At a time where we celebrate the best Flame of all time, it's not absurd to think that Tkachuk could be the next one to rise to those heights. And if he does, it's going to be as a great leader with excellent 2-way play who isn't afraid to get into the tough areas. To some people, that might be more important than the ability to solo a few goals a game.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote