View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #100
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
If his fanbase is strong enough, maybe a site like Patreon would be an option. He could set up a subscription service.
He has enough support where it could be a sustainable endeavor. I already support one cause through Patreon and wouldn't mind pitching a few more bucks a month to Haynes. Either way, I think it is safe to say you will see a swell of new subscriptions if he gets to join The Athletic staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Chuckles View Post
I am not a Athletic subscriber and I definitely miss reading Duhatschek articles because he is great. But like many here I still had access to Darren Haynes so that kept me happy. I didn't realize he lost his sponsorship which is so unfortunate! If the athletic hired Haynes that would be my tipping point and I would definitely get a subscription. I'm glad that these guys have this as an option as they deserve to make lots of money for the great work they do.
He's still a pretty good follow on Twitter, but he did indeed lose the funding that was making it worthwhile. Made a post about it the week of the holidays.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1013778377608556544