View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 04:39 PM   #95
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thymebalm View Post
On the contrary, please don't put my favourite Calgary Flames sports writer behind a paywall. That's why I don't read KW anymore.
FF80F lost its sponsorship. Outside of putting up a paywall and sponsorship or using ad revenue, he has nothing in terms of compensation for a service that obviously has a huge followership and audience. It takes a lot of time to perform the research, look up the stats, phone interviews, and on top of that there are web hosting fees too.

I get that disposable income is not easy nowadays, but $50 a year isn't too bad, especially for the quality of the writing you get along with the ever-increasing coverage.

You want Haynes to do that for free? He's willing, he put up an article just this week. But it will just mean much less frequent articles. The good news is that it sounds like the ball is in his court if the entire Flames fanbase are strong supporters and would consider renewing/subscribing just for him. It's just a matter of if he has the time for it.