View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #50
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

I understand how careful the system is trying to be, but the alternative is much, much worse.

Both the families I mentioned above went above and beyond to prove that they are capable of handling a child. Both have successful careers, strong family surroundings, good support system, etc. Both of them had each child in a foster situation multiple times, went through multiple meetings and from what I remember, it still took almost 1.5-2 years till the adoption was approved.

The reason that is a problem is because it becomes mentally exhausting to go through that process, especially when you're a 2-3 months in and you still know at anytime the child could be taken from you, and not all adoptee families have the financial resources to go through the process if it takes that long.

The biggest thing that stood out to me was the mind-boggling amount of support needed from family, friends, co-workers, etc just to be able to manage everything.

To me that is a system working AGAINST adoption, and not for it, and adoption can be one of the most beautiful things to happen in someone's life.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote