View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 01:25 PM   #93
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Huh. Johnny appears to have been busting his ass all year. During play, I mean, not just after 60.

I wonder if any players are tired of Matthew Tkachuk being more noticeable some games after 60 minutes than during play, and then playing 4 games against Vancouver and not getting a point.

The way he is playing makes not only his 7 M now look like an overpayment , but his 9 M qualifier look even worse

He sure is having a rough year
I agree on Johnny. Also, Johnny and Tkachuk were together for answering media questions between the last two games.

When asked about his strong personal performance, Johnny expressed that he felt that he was not playing his best game and neither was anyone else on the team yet, besides Markstrom. Johnny, who has been busting his ass and leading production, emphasized that he can do better and that as a team they can all play better and need to.

When Tkachuk was asked to evaluate his performance since the Muzzin incident, he laughed it off a bit, deflected by saying the media is just stirring things up and pointed to how the team had won 4 of 5 games since then and said they were trending in the right direction.

Johnny came across as caring more about the team and performance. Tkachuk came across as a bit dismissive and arrogant. Personally, I think those attributes have been mirrored by on ice performances so far this season.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote